Holy Trinity Orthodox Catholic Church Dome Celebration

Reflecting the Light of God

Timothy Haseneczblessing the new domes

Fr. Timothy Hasenecz
blessing the new domes

On September 22, 2013, the parishioners at Holy Trinity Orthodox Catholic Church in Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, celebrated the culmination of many years of hard work and effort raising funds to restore their church domes. The domes have a significant history having been blessed by two Saints. They were originally delivered to the church in 1902 and blessed by Saint Toth. In 1903, they were erected and thereafter blessed by Saint Tikhon.

The fundraising for their restoration began in 2005, and at times, it seemed a daunting task. But, after years of bake sales, church dinners, aluminum can collections, and many generous donations, the domes were restored this year. They were painted a beautiful gold and silver and now reflect the “Light of God.”

Immediately following liturgy on September 22nd, Father Timothy Hasenecz, Rector of Holy Trinity, blessed the domes as parishioners, family and friends participated in the blessing service. After the blessing, everyone gathered on the church grounds to share in fellowship at a church picnic. The day was beautiful and enjoyed by all.

View pictures of the Blessing of the Domes Celebration
Learn more about the significance of the domes in Orthodox architecture.

Parish of Holy Trinity at the Blessing of the Domes

Parishioners of Holy Trinity Orthodox Catholic Church at the Blessing of the Domes


Parishioners of Holy Trinity Orthodox Catholic Church at the Blessing of the Domes